Thursday, May 19, 2011

Julie Joined the Alpine Club







Online I found some vague reference to the Pisan Alpine Club, with the name of a bookshop. So I went to the bookshop only to be told to go to the photo shop. There I met the treasurer of the club who told me to meet at 9.30pm! on Wednesday at the club rooms. With trepidation at the clandestine meeting and following a map in the dark, came across a sleezy bar. Finally worked out the club was upstairs. Feeling a bit more warmed as I saw heads huddled over a map I signed up for Sundays walk to the marble caves. Traveled with these two,one a local doctor and the other a PHD student here from Romania. They both spoke perfect English and they made great companions. After days of sun it rained but cleared as we reached the top and we walked in hail on the way back down. just like home. Beautiful white pathway, fantastic and unique experience. This is where Mick Angelo came to choose his pieces for sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment